Packable And Snackable Fruit Sweetened Cookies.
We crave adventures around here. My wanderlust includes making and packing all things snackable. I like to hike but I need motivation, so having a reward like these Chewy Cranberry Walnut Cookies is a must. These decadent cookies are 100% fruit sweetened and pack a ton of energy into a portable size. Forget the pre-made trail mix and granola bars. These cookies put those other options to shame. Not only are they super delicious they are super easy to make in your food processor bowl with the blade attachment. So get out there and hit the trail.
Recipe yields 24 2-ounce cookies.
1 Cup AP Flour
1 Cup Walnuts
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
8 Pitted Dates
8 Ounces Dried Apricots (around 22)
1 Cup Dried Cranberries (fruit sweetened or unsweetened preferred)
1/2 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
Preheat your oven to 325°.
- Add the flour, walnuts, dates, baking powder, and baking soda to your food processor bowl with the blade attachment. Process the ingredients until sandy.
- Add the apricots and process again until they are pebble size.
- Add the cranberries and pulse them in.
- Add the butter, egg and vanilla.
- Pulse the ingredients and scrape the sides with a spatula several times until the dough comes together.
- Using a 2oz scoop or spoon, portion the batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a fork or slotted spatula to gently flatten each cookie.
Bake the cookies for 17 minutes.
Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet before transferring them to airtight storage.
Get outside and devour!
Find all the tools for this recipe and more of my all-time favorite things in my Shop.
Subscribe to Blog via Email