These delicious almond coconut cookies are guilt-free!
Don’t cave in and buy a candy bar for your next sweet tooth — make these chewy, melty, crispy cookies instead. This is where almond, toasted coconut, and chocolate chips come together in a trifecta of delight.
These almond cookies are a great take-along snack packed with protein and fiber.
Indulge in Almond Coconut Cookies Without Guilt
Sweetened with only dates and a minimal amount of coconut sugar — you’ll have nothing to feel guilty about.
These are not the sugar bomb cookies that leave you feeling ill after a late-night snack or that send your kids into the stratosphere. They have just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy and just the right amount of chocolate to keep you happy and sane.
These wonderful almond cookies are delightful with a glass of cold milk. Enjoy!
- 2 cups large coconut flakes
- 14 large dates, pitted
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond butter
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spread the coconut out on a baking sheet and toast it for about 7 minutes or until golden brown. Set it aside to cool.
- In your food processor combine the dates, flour, salt, and baking soda, then process until the mixture is sandy. Set this mixture aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the coconut sugar, almond butter, butter, and cream. Scrape down the sides of the bowl several times during beating. When the batter is light in color and smooth, add the egg and continue to beat until the egg is well incorporated.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir gently until fully incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and cooled coconut, then stir again just until evenly mixed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a 2-ounce scoop or a large spoon and your hands to make semi-round balls of cookie dough and place them on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Use a fork to gently press them down.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool cookies for several minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.